I love the Hydrangea Hill Suite! This is a complex card so I broke down the instructions into small steps. This card is actually assembled “backwards” from my usual directions. I built the card first and then added the decorations to the front.
- Paper Cuts–
- Highland Heather Card Stock: 4-1/4 X 7-1/4 Scored at 5-1/2, 1-3/4 X 4-1/4, scraps for the flowers
- Basic White Card Stock: 4 X 5-1/4, I X2-3/4, scraps for the stamped hydrangea
- Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper:4 pieces 1-1/2 X 4
- Hydrangea Hill Mercury Glass Designer Acetate: 4 X 2-3/4
Cut the pieces shown above. Stamp the sentiment on the liner if desired.
Stamp and die cut the hydrangea from Basic White Card Stock using Smokey Slate Ink for the outline and Highland Heather and Old Olive Inks for the solid parts. Stamp the sentiment using Gorgeous Grape Ink. Punch it out using the Lovely Labels Pick A Punch. Die cut the row of individual flowers (after I took the picture I decided I needed more flowers so cut 2 strips of flowers). I tied a bow using the Highland Heather Sheer Ribbon.
Adhere the Basic White liner to the inside of the card. Use washi tape to adhere the acetate to the liner 1-1/4 from the top of the liner and even with the sides of the liner.
Put adhesive on the flap and close it onto the acetate. put adhesive on the edge of the 1-3/4 X 4 piece of Highland Heather card stock. Line up this piece with the bottom edge of the back of the card and adhere. Carefully remove the washi tape.
Adhere 2 pieces of Hydrangea Hill Designer Series paper to the front of the card as shown.
Adhere the other 2 pieces of Designer Series paper to the inside of the card. These pieces will cover up the ends of the acetate.
I used Wink of Stella on the small flowers to give them some shine. I adhered them to the hydrangea using Fine Tip Glue.
For the final assembly, I adhered the hydrangea to the card front using adhesive on the top and bottom but not on the acetate. It will show through on the back if you do. I then adhered the sentiment using Dimensionals. I adhered the ribbon using Glue Dots. Lastly, I added Pastel Pearls to the front of the card.